Hi! I’m Joy, the nerd behind The Cafe Scholar! I blog about writing and self-publishing, study skills and tools for students, personal finance, and productivity. My mission is to use words to equip YOU to take ownership of your life and your faith. You can also find me over at Real World Bible Study.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, view my disclosures page here.
Here are 10 fun facts about me:
- I work in cafes. A lot.
- I don’t drink coffee. (Yes. I study at Starbucks. And I don’t drink coffee.)
- My favorite kitchen appliance is the crockpot.
- I love The Hunger Games series! (both books and movies!)
- I am a Buyer/Planner by day, Pastor & Adjunct Professor by night, and blogger by…well, the times in between.
- Areas of specialization: Theology, Islam, Muslim-Christian Relations, Biblical Studies, Intercultural Communication.
- I am on a mission…to pay off debt! Student loans, watch out! You’re going down!
- I am a word nerd. I love to read and write, I think research papers are cool, and one of my favorite games is Bananagrams!
- I play the French Horn. Doesn’t that speak for itself?
- I get really excited about the power of story.