Hi! I’m Joy, the nerd behind The Cafe Scholar! I blog about study skills, writing awesome research papers, tools for students, and productivity. You can also find me over at Real World Bible Study.
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, view my disclosures page here.
Here are 10 fun facts about me:
- I study in cafes. A lot.
- I don’t drink coffee. (Yes. I study at Starbucks. And I don’t drink coffee.)
- My favorite kitchen appliance is the crock pot.
- I love The Hunger Games series! (both books and movies!)
- I am a Buyer/Planner by day, Pastor & Adjunct Professor by night, and blogger by…well, the times in between.
- Areas of specialization: Theology, Islam, Muslim-Christian Relations, Biblical Studies, Intercultural Communication.
- I am on a mission…to pay off debt! Student loans, watch out! You’re going down!
- I am a word nerd. I love to read and write, I think research papers are cool, and one of my favorite games is Bananagrams! I used my word nerd superpower (and an awesome program called Magoosh!) to get a perfect score on the verbal section of the GRE last year!
- I play the French Horn. Doesn’t that speak for itself?
- I love Evernote so much that I became an Evernote Community Leader!