Need help getting your author website set up? Here’s an overview of the services I provide.
I specialize in websites for authors – just authors! – so that you can focus on what matters most: writing that book! My websites are built in WordPress, using the Genesis theme and Genesis child themes from my trusted providers, StudioPress and Restored316 Designs. That means your site will be built on solid “ground,” secure, and customized to match your brand. Better yet, with all the techy stuff out of the way, you’ll feel comfortable logging in to post a blog post or update a page.
*Note: This page contains affiliate links! They’re part of that whole “multiple streams of income” strategy that every author should have! Better yet, they don’t cost you a penny. For more information, please see my disclosure page.
Author Website Services:
- Set up web hosting: Connect your web host to your domain, install CDN (content delivery network) and SSL if provided by your host, set up your business email account.
- WordPress & Theme Installation: Install WordPress, Genesis Framework (see below), your Genesis Child Theme (see below), required plugins and widgets, and load sample content if requested.
- Email integration: Connect your existing email service (MailerLite, MailChimp, ConvertKit) to your website.
- Customize your theme with your logo and colors
- Transfer blog posts from an existing blog to your new website
- Configure MailerLite: If you would like to use MailerLite for your email management system (free for up to 1000 subscribers, with all the cool automation features!), I can set up your account, welcome email series (you provide the content), and your first freebie (you provide the content). Additional charges for additional freebies.
- Add books to the Author Pro plugin to create your library of books on your website.
- Create your website pages, such as required legal pages, contact, about, events, and more. (You provide the content).
- Website Care Package (Siteground hosted sites only): ongoing care for your website, including managing updates, and keeping your website lean and clean. If something goes down, it will be me on chat with your Siteground to get it fixed.
In order to get started, you will need the following:
- Domain name (like myauthorname.com). Usually $12-$15, and renews annually. Here is my affiliate link to $2 off your domain from Hover.
- Web host. Pricing varies, but starter plans run around $3.95/month for the first year. I personally recommend SiteGround. Their customer service is amazing, and if tech isn’t your strong suit, they won’t treat you like an idiot.
- Genesis Framework ($59.95): I build all of my sites using the Genesis Framework (here’s why Genesis is the foundation of any smart WordPress design). You can buy this yourself (you own it for updates), or I can provide it as part of your ongoing Website Care Plan.
- A Genesis Child Theme ($45-$75). I build website using Genesis Child Themes from Restored316 Designs or StudioPress (including the Author Pro theme). If you need help deciding, I’ll help you pick the theme that is right for you. Like the Genesis Framework, you can buy this yourself (you own it for updates), or I can provide it as part of your ongoing Website Care Plan.
Contact me at joy [at] thecafescholar [dot] com to set up your custom plan today!