Woohoo! I finished Week 2 of the 90 Day Budget Boot Camp! And I got that mistake purchase from last week returned…sort of. The tough part about keeping to a budget that works is following through. That was so frustrating. This place was out of my way, and it was frustrating, and a different Joy might have decided to keep the product, but the money I got back was worth the hassle. Following through is one of the toughest things about managing your money, whether it is following through to get a refund, cancel a service, or correct an error on your bank statement!
This week’s challenge was a doozy. We were tasked with creating a new budget – a budget that works! – accounting for income, planned savings, bills, groceries, other expenses, and even fun stuff. Thankfully the workbook breaks it down step by step, so you complete each task and check the box. You don’t have to finish it all in one sitting! Here are 3 simple steps I implemented during this week’s challenge. Stick around to the end to offer YOUR favorite tips budget tips which will be featured on my blog’s Facebook and Pinterest pages!
Disclosure: This page contains affiliate links. That just means that I may receive a small commission if you buy a product linked on this page. It sure helps towards paying off those student loans! For more information, please see my disclosures page.
#1 Break Up to Break Through
What I Did This Week
#2 Make One Switch
Shop for a Better Rate
Cancel Something You Don’t Use
#3 Take Your Buckets to the Bank
Bank Account Buckets
Gift Card Buckets
The Next 3 Steps
Welcome to the Friendship Friday blog hop!
We are open to all blogging niches and would love to have you join us.
- Please follow your host The Cafe Scholar on at least ONE of the following social outlets: Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter, or if you are working full time or parenting while attending school, please join my Support Group for Nontraditional Students!)
- Link up to 3 of your own posts where it says “Click here to enter” (linkup to your blog post and not your main page).
- Copy the code that comes up where it says “Get Code Here” and add that to the end of your post in the HTML section. You will then see the blog hop on your own site too!
- Please comment on at least the same number of other bloggers as posts that you link up (i.e., link 1 of your posts, comment on at least 1 other blogger’s post).
- By adding your links, you are stating that you have the proper licensing/rights to the images in your blog posts.
- Enjoy the linkup and meeting some new blogger friends!
NOTE: Blogs that violate the comment policy listed here will be removed.